Download Claire's French CV
Vogue.it · Fashion Writer
Milan, Italy · March 2010 - Present
- Write fashion week show reviews on ready-to-wear collections in New York, Paris, London, and Milan.
- Spotlight new designers and trends.
- Responsible for monthly posts covering events, news, and other timely topics.
Essence Magazine and Essence.com · Freelance Writer
New York, NY · May 2006 - Present
- Write articles on beauty, women's health, and entertainment.
- Interview celebrities and notable individuals on deadline.
- Cover International Fashion Weeks for Essence.com.
Conde Nast Digital · Freelance Writer
Paris, France · March 2010 - August 2010
- Wrote articles on fashion and celebrity events for Vogue.fr and GlamourParis.com.
- Photographed street style for Vogue.fr, Glamourparis.com, and GQmagazine.fr.
- Initiated a weekly "Blog of the Moment" feature.
AOL.com · Fashion Blogger
New York, NY · Februaray 2009 - November 2010
- Wrote articles on fashion, news, and celebrity style.
- Provided fashion week show reviews.
- Responsible for biweekly posts on a range of topics.
Real Simple Magazine · Researcher/Reporter
New York, NY, November 2004 - October 2008
- Reported, edited and wrote fashion features.
- Fact-checked beauty, fashion, and organizer stories.
- Attended industry events, maintained contacts with public relations companies, and requested products for shoots and on site trials.
- Updated Microsoft Excel Expert and Contact list for Research and Beauty departments.
- Participated in cover line meetings and shoots.
Newsweek Magazine · Editorial Intern
New York, NY · June 2004 - September 2004
- Reported on four cover stories for the Society and Science Technology department.
- Published several user-friendly articles in the Tip Sheet Section.
- Spearheaded report on early admission for Kaplan Special Edition College Guide.
New York Magazine · Editorial Intern
New York, NY · January 2004 - June 2004
- Contributed reporting to two cover stories.
- Assisted editors with writing, research, and reporting.
- Responsible for fact checking, faxing, and various office duties.
Harvard University · Cambridge, MA · June 2003
A.B. magna cum laude with highest honors in French and African American Studies
- John Harvard Scholarship for academic achievement of the highest distinction.
- Dean's List all semesters.
- Recipient of Weissman International Internship grant to work in France.
- Co-Director of Caribbean Club Dance Troupe. Vice President of Caribbean Club.
- Liaison for Harvard's Race, Culture, and Diversity Initiative.
The Westminster Schools · Atlanta, GA · June 1999
Diploma with honors
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship
- Member of National Honors Society
- Recipient of Gabelein Award for Music (viola)
- AP Scholar
- Languages: Fluent in French
- Computers: Familiar with both Mac and PC platforms. Proficient in HTML
- Activities: Founder of The Fashion Bomb Blog, www.fashionbombdaily.com, a daily destination for urban fashionistas.
- Freelance: Contribute articles to Upscale, The Root, and The New York Post.